CloseImage 1 of 5 The Honda Pilot three-row SUV won Kelley Blue Bookâs 2018 âBest Value Awardâ in the midsize SUV category. The Honda Pilot three-row SUV won Kelley Blue Bookâs 2018 âBest Value Awardâ in the midsize SUV category. Photo: Honda Image 2 of 5 In 1998, Lexus broke new ground by outfitting its RX SUV like a luxury sedan. Two decades later, the extended-length 2018 RX 350L and RX 450h debut with three-row seating. In 1998, Lexus broke new ground by outfitting its RX SUV like a luxury sedan. Two decades later, the extended-length 2018 RX 350L and RX 450h debut with three-row seating. Photo: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED JAMESHALFACRE.COM Image 3 of 5 The 2018 Ford EcoSport is available with either a turbocharged 1.0-liter three-cylinder engine or a 2.0-liter four. The 2018 Ford EcoSport is available with either a turbocharged 1.0-liter three-cylinder engine or a 2.0-liter four. Image 4 of 5 The redesigned 2018 Chevrolet Traverse accommodates seven and even with the third row up, offers 23 cubic feet of cargo space. The redesigned 2018 Chevrolet Traverse accommodates seven and even with the third row up, offers 23 cubic feet of cargo space. Image 5 of 5 SUVs, crossovers continue market strength 1 / 5 Back to Gallery
Two decades into the 21st century, the American automotive landscape is riding high with SUVs and crossovers.
Carving up the market into five or even more segments to meet consumers' varied budgets and needs, players like General Motors offer everything from the 14-foot-long Chevrolet Trax crossover that starts at $21,000 to the $100,390 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum with four-wheel-drive.
The sweet sport for a lot of folks are the midsize models and there are plenty of brand new or redesigned choices for the 2018 model year, including the Volkswagen Atlas that starts as low as $30,500 and earned a top safety pick honors from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
If 0-60 times numbers are as important to you as cubic feet of storage, there's the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk which takes a page from the SRT playbook and a Hellcat-like 707-horse supercharged 6.2-liter V8.
The forecast calls for even more crossovers and SUVs - as many as 150 different models by 2020, say some sources. Ford Motor Co. aims at fielding 13 utility Ford and Lincoln vehicles by 2020, Automotive News recently reported.
Latest Houston & Texas News
- Heartwarming Moment Daughter Surprises Step-Dad with Adoption News Storyful
- Dan Crenshaw candidate Republican primary Congressional District 2 Fox 26 Houston
- The Russian meddling investigation Fox 26 Houston
- Kathaleen Wall campaigning differently than other candidates Fox 26 Houston
- Bart Whitaker clemency - What's Your Point? Fox 26 Houston
- What did we miss Feb 25 Fox 26 Houston
- Gun control or more guns What's your point? Fox 26 Houston
- 6 months after Harvey Fox 26 Houston
- Sunday morning Feb 25 Fox 26 Houston
- Your point on gun control and arming teachers Fox 26 Houston
- Morning Talk 2-25 Fox 26 Houston
- First Weather 2-25 Fox 26 Houston
- Sunshine for and dry conditions for MOST in North Texas today Fox4
- Morning Brew Fox 26 Houston
- Oyster shells for Harvey Fox7
- Man dies and woman is shot in Cypress Fox 26 Houston
They offer about half of that this year, ranging from the diminutive new $19,995 Ford EcoSport to the redesigned 2018 Lincoln Navigator that Texas's own Matthew McConaughey is hawking in his latest commercial for the luxury brand.
Source : http://www.chron.com/news/article/SUVs-crossovers-continue-market-strength-12521778.php